he office of the UN World Food Programme in Guinea, invites applications form suitable candidates to fill the vacancy above.
Post Title: Senior Programme Associate
Duty Station: Conakry
Type of contract/Grade: Fixed term/G7
Duration: one (1) year Renewal
Date of publication: 07 July, 2015
Application deadline: 20 July 2015
In accordance with policies in force within the United Nations, female candidates are strongly encouraged.
The applications will specify the number of the vacancy and include a handwritten application, identify card, which will be addressed to the Country Director of the World Food Programme Conakry, Cameroon, facing Supreme Court , PO Box 5669, tel: 631 40 76 51, fax: (+874) 762 873 025/382.
For applicants living in N’Zérékoré, Kankan, Guéckédou, labé and Boké, applications must be addressed to WFP Country Director, via WFPSub-office in Zérékoré, Kankan, labé, ant the warehouse of Guéckédou.
Within the direct supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the Senior Programme Associate will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Provide specialized expertise and contribute towards the development of project activities, plans and processes within the specific technical area of work ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
2. Provide efficient coordination and specialized project management support to a range of specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
3. Assist the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer in developing and harmonizing monitoring tools and in implementing the monitoring & evaluation strategy.
4. Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a variety of elaborated reports and substantial data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and make recommendations to supervisors, ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
5. Lead and ensure accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
6. Coordinate and liaise with internal counterparts on a range of complex matters to enable effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
7. Foster relationship and support partnership-building with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient deliver food assistance.
8. Coordinate the compilation of distribution data into WFP’s different databases for output and outcome data.
9. Assist the Monitoring & Evaluation officer in the coordination of surveys to collect baseline, follow-up and end line data on WFP’s projects.
10. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within a specific area.
11. Act as escalation point for complex query resolution on all matters within the area of responsibility.
12. Manage a team of support staff, providing advice, guidance and training, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
13. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
• Has participated in implementing technical programs (i.e. Monitoring and Evaluation, nutrition etc …….)
• Has implemented programmes with increased level of responsibility.
• Has provided input to policy discussions.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area (Economics, statistics, Demography, health……)
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in French, communication in English will be an advantage.
Only Short-listed candidates will be considered